Investing in genuinely non-toxic, sustainable energy production has the potential to create many more new, clean and green jobs for the state of Minnesota and our nation than out-dated incineration technology. Even the Blue Green Alliance (a consortium of environmental groups and labor unions) promotes this possibility.
- Jobs in Renewable Energy Expand in Turbulent Process, InvestorIdeas, July 3, 2014.
- Renewable Energy Provides 6.5 Million Jobs Globally, IRENA (International Renewable Energy Agency), May 11, 2014.
- From Waste to Jobs: What Achieving 75 Percent Recyling Means for California, NRDC Report, March 2014. Pg. 8 “Indeed, landfilling & incineration generate the fewest jobs per ton of waste managed (0.1 jobs per 1,000 tons).”
- Clean Energy Works for US: 2013 Third Quarter Clean Energy/Clean Transportation Jobs Report [15,000 New Jobs], Environmental Entrepreneurs, December 2013.
- Solar Heating & Cooling Could Save $61B, Create 50,250 Jobs by 2050, EcoBusiness, October 7, 2013.
- Nearly 40,000 New Green Jobs Created Across America During 2Q 2013, Clean Technica, August 30, 2013.
- BlueGreen Alliance’s Policy Platform to Improve Industrial Energy Efficiency, NRDC (Natural Resources Defense Council) SWITCHBOARD, August 15, 2013.
- Transforming Trash in Urban America, Partnership for Working Families, March 2013 [see pg. 16 for Minneapolis, MN].
- Transition to Green Economy Could Yield Up to 60 Million Jobs, ILO Says, International Labour Organization, May 31, 2012.
- More Jobs, Less Pollution, GAIA, November 15, 2011.
- Retooling Green Jobs for the Next Generation, grist, March 10, 2010.
- A Big Breakthrough on Green Jobs, grist, September 14, 2009.
- “UN Reports Big Jump in ‘Green Energy’ Investment”
- California Sticks Toe in Green Chemistry Pond, Miller-McCune.com, July 27, 2009.
- 200 Green Business Ideas, Fast Company, July 23, 2009.
- Green Bounty: Historic Navajo Green Jobs Legislation, grist, July 22, 2009.
- Silicon Valley VC Sees Bright Future for Green Tech, grist, July 20, 2009.